Lynnhaven River NOW’s 20th Anniversary
T-Shirt Design Contest
Please help LRNow celebrate our 20th Anniversary by entering our t-shirt design contest with your personal artwork depicting the beauty of Virginia Beach waterways.
Participate and share your beautiful art with the world.
- Winning artwork will be featured on the back of our 20th Anniversary t-shirts, as well as the 20th Anniversary poster.
- Winning artist will be paid a $250 stipend for their design and be featured in a special press release announcement from LRNow.
- The winning artist and/or artwork will have an opportunity to be featured in the 5th Annual ViBe Mural Festival in 2022 in partnership with the ViBe Creative District nonprofit.
To recognize LRNow’s 20th Anniversary, flex your creative muscles and demonstrate your love for our waterways. Create a design that honors the beauty of our Virginia Beach waterways or watersheds. We’ve been working to restore our waterways for two decades and want to see your art on our next shirt.
Media and Technique Overview
Any of the following techniques may be used:
- Paint (watercolor, acrylic, etc.)
- Drawings (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, markers, colored pencils, etc.)
- Original digital illustrations
- All artwork should be submitted via email as an attachment or link to download to Morgan@LRNow.org by January 31st, 2022
- Photo files of artwork should be no larger than 50MB
- Photo files must be 300 dpi and .jpeg format
- Photo resolution should not exceed 3000 x 3000 pixels
- Design files must be a PDF or vector file format (if submitting a vector file, include jpeg for judging)
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional artists within the USA. The contest is open to ages 18 and up. Employees of LRNow and their families are not eligible.
- Artwork must be submitted in an electronic format. It can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com, one submission per artist. Or it can be submitted on a USB mailed or dropped off at 3663 Marlin Bay Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23455. Please call 757-962-5398 or email Dominique@lrnow.org to make an appointment for drop-off
- The contest begins on October 11th, 2021 and ends January 31, 2022. Mailed entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2022 to be eligible. Finalists will be selected and shared on the LRNow Facebook page for public voting on February 9, 2022. Public voting will conclude on February 16, 2022, and the design with the most likes/reactions will be the winner. Only the winner will be notified of the contest outcome. Entries will not be returned.
- All entries must contain a completed entry form, including current contact information, caption details, and artist release.
- Artists may submit one design for consideration. Submitted designs must be the property of the entrant.
- All designs must incorporate watershed elements found within the city of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Multiple finalists will be chosen by a panel of LRNow employees and select professional advisors. All decisions are final and at the discretion of LRNow.
- All finalists will be posted on the LRNow website, www.LRNow.org, and Facebook page. Facebook visitors will be able to choose their favorite designs and vote online by liking or reacting to the design. Artist’s names will be listed on the website galleries.
- The winning artist and/or artwork will have an opportunity to be featured in the 5th Annual ViBe Mural Festival in 2022. Artists will be eligible for applicable art stipends and mural painting with the ViBe Creative District nonprofit.
- We are not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- We reserve the right to use all entries in Lynnhaven River NOW’s print materials, presentations, promotions, and social media.