Director of Development
Lynnhaven River NOW (LRNow) is an award winning river restoration project with over 8,000 members who help to restore and protect our beautiful Virginia Beach waterways. LRNow is seeking a Director of Development to spearhead development efforts as LRNow continues to grow its base of private support. A new position in the organization, the Director of Development will have the opportunity to build LRNow’s development program.
Position Responsibilities – The Director of Development will:
• Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan for LRNow
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Manage the use of E-Tapestry and oversee data entry and gift processing
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Create and execute a strategy for cultivating and growing LRNow’s membership base
• In partnership with the Executive Director, engage and manage board members and other key leaders within LRNow to serve as fundraising volunteers
• Oversee donor events
• In partnership with program staff, create timely communication pieces to engage LRNow’s members, donors, and volunteers
• Write and submit grant proposals to foundation and corporate donors, including providing timely updates
• Craft appropriate fundraising policies and processes
Reporting Relationships – This position will report to the Executive Director. The Director of Development will work with the Executive Director, program staff, administrative support, and LRNow’s Board of Directors to execute fundraising activities.
Position Essentials –
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience and proven success in fundraising, including
o Annual giving program implementation, including new donor development, renewals, stewardship
o Major gift programs, including prospect research, cultivation, personal solicitation, acknowledgment, and recognition
o Successful track record of motivating fundraising volunteers
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
This is a full time position and the salary range is $45,000 – $55,000.
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume with three references and salary requirements to Karen Forget, Executive Director, at Karen@LRNow.org or 3663 Marlin Bay Drive, Brock Environmental Center, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
Resumes will be accepted through November 1, 2016.