To help fulfill Lynnhaven River Now’s Goal of improving water quality in the river through community awareness.Primary Goals:
List of Projects:
- To encourage community involvement
- To help bring back the Lynnhaven oyster and restore the river primarily through the media
- To educate and raise awareness in the community
- Discuss and help with printed materials, such as newsletter, oyster roast invitations
- Run the annual photography contest and develop the annual calendar
- Discuss and approve TV ads and other media efforts
- Spread the word about the river through Lynnhaven River Now merchandise such as tee shirts and hats, and our book, The Lynnhaven, Restoring A Legend
We meet quarterly (March, June, September, December) at 9:30 a.m. on the first Friday of the month at the Runnymede Corp Conference Room, 600 22nd Street, Suite 400, Virginia Beach.
Please contact Karen Forget
, Kris McKinnon
, or 757-962-539, if you wish more information or are interested in serving on the Public Relations and Marketing Committee.