To bring together scientists, agencies, non-profit organizations, the public, and industry to generate ideas, execute programs and develop synergy to restore the native oyster population in the Lynnhaven River.Primary Goals:
List of Projects:
- Increase the number of reproductive native oysters in the Lynnhaven River
- Restore oyster reef habitat in the Lynnhaven River
- Protect the native oyster population in the Lynnhaven River
- Coordinate within committee to support and enhance all native oyster restoration projects in the Lynnhaven River
- Oyster Castle Shorelines
- Community Oyster Gardening (citizen workshops & Taylor Float workshops)
- “Save Oyster Shell” Program
- Living Shorelines
- Oyster Reef Construction
We meet the last Friday of every other month (starting in January) from 10am – 11:30am at the Serpe Firm office in downtown Norfolk.
Please contact Laurie Sorabella
or Joe Scalf
or 757-962-5398 if you wish for more information or are interested in serving on the Oyster Restoration Committee.