To develop educational programs, materials and opportunities concerning the Lynnhaven River’s history, environmental issues, and efforts to improve the health and cleanliness of the river.Primary Goals:
List of Projects:
- Involve public and private schools in efforts to learn about and clean up the Lynnhaven River.
- Provide public programs to increase awareness about the Lynnhaven River.
- Recognize outstanding environmental and marine education programs in our locality
- Summer teacher workshops are offered on a variety of Lynnhaven River related topics. Some workshops are offered through the Virginia Beach City Schools Professional Development Program.
- Information programs and watershed activities are conducted at local schools.
- A recognition program, the Pearl School Program, was implemented to spotlight the schools making an extra effort to infuse aquatic education into their school programs.
- Many school groups participate in oyster and wetland grass restoration efforts in the Lynnhaven River.
- LRNow staff and volunteers conduct workshops at local, state, and regional educational conferences.
No meeting is scheduled at this time. Contact:
Please call 757-962-5398 if you wish for more information or are interested in serving on the Education Committee.