Discover Virginia Beach 2018 Photography Contest
Do you have a passion for digital photography? Virginia Beach Waterways are known for their beauty and the bounty of its wildlife. Enter the Discover Virginia Beach Photography Contest and share your beautiful photos with the world!
Anyone can enter! The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers. Employees of Lynnhaven River NOW and their families are not eligible.
June 21- September 21 until 5pm.
What to Enter:
- Photographers may submit up to 3 photographs for consideration. Submitted photographs must be the property of the entrant.
- Winning photos will be chosen in four categories: Wildlife, Landscape, Recreation, and Overall. All photographs must be taken in Virginia Beach. The contest includes ALL watersheds in Virginia Beach.
- There will be both a youth (18 and under) and an adult category (over 18).
How to Enter:
- Photos must be submitted in an electronic format. They can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos may be in color or black and white
- Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible and must be taken with at least an 8 megapixel camera (this includes IPhones 4s and up).
- Digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos will not be accepted. Minor adjustments including sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment are acceptable.
- All entries must contain a completed entry form, including current contact information, caption details, and artist release. Photos should be numbered to correspond with the caption details.
- Official judging will be performed by a panel of Lynnhaven River NOW employees and select professional advisors. Judges will make their selections based on subject matter, composition, focus, lighting, uniqueness, and impact. All decisions are final and at the discretion of Lynnhaven River NOW.
- Two winning photos will be chosen for each category.
- We are not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
Winning photos will be posted on our website as well as published in our Annual Report!
We reserve the right to use all entries for LRNOW materials (print materials, presentations, promotions, and the Internet).
Photo Credit: Thomas Williams (top of page) & Johnny Johnson (Featured)