To educate the public, boaters and marina owners & operators about responsible boating practices and compliance with the No Discharge Zone designation. To encourage and support marinas in the Lynnhaven River in attaining the Clean Marina certification.Primary Goals:
List of Projects:
- Education the public and boaters particularly about the No Discharge Zone.
- Education Marina owners and operators on the responsibilities of the No Discharge Zone designation.
- Encourage clean boating practices in all areas of the Lynnhaven River.
- Assist Marina owners and operators in attaining the Clean Marina certification through the State Clean Marina Program. Our goal is for all Lynnhaven River Marinas to be “Clean Marinas”
- Obtained the No Discharge Zone designation for the Lynnhaven River. The Lynnhaven River is the only tidal river in Virginia to be designated a NDZ.
- Four “Clean Marinas”: Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club Marina, City Marina, Lynnhaven Marine, and Marina Shores.
- The 2008 Lighted Boat Parade was a great success and revived a tradition.
- Design, print and distribute a No Discharge Zone brochure in spring 2009.
- Work with the Marine Police in boat safety checks to educate on clean boating practices in spring, 2009.
- Work with the City in 2009-2010 to obtain a No Discharge Zone designation for Rudee Inlet/Owl Creek
- Work with the remaining marinas to support their participation in the State Clean Marina Program.
No meetings are scheduled at this time.Contact:
Please contact Karen Forget
or 757-962-5398 if you are interested in serving on the Clean Boating and Clean Marinas Committee.